If you've ever gone to Olive Garden, they serve a wonderful soup called Zuppa Touscana.
We've made Zuppa Touscana Soup a number of times, and it's fantastic!
Last week, I made some Italian Sausage, and put some of it to good use today. Zuppa Touscana has Italian Sausage, Bacon, Potatoes, Onions, Chicken Stock, Cream, Spices and some Spinach as a Garnish.
Simple to make and incredible tasting!
I use Hot Italian Sausage cuz we like the little "Kick"
Here's the recipe from All Recipes.com.
I also included a link:http://allrecipes.com/recipe/super-delicious-zuppa-toscana/detail.aspx
- 1 pound bulk mild Italian sausage
- 1 1/4 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 5 (13.75 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 6 potato, thinly sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 bunch fresh spinach, tough stems removed
- Cook the Italian sausage and red pepper flakes in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat until crumbly, browned, and no longer pink, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Cook the bacon in the same Dutch oven over medium heat until crisp, about 10 minutes. Drain, leaving a few tablespoons of drippings with the bacon in the bottom of the Dutch oven. Stir in the onions and garlic; cook until onions are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the chicken broth into the Dutch oven with the bacon and onion mixture; bring to a boil over high heat. Add the potatoes, and boil until fork tender, about 20 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and stir in the heavy cream and the cooked sausage; heat through. Mix the spinach into the soup just before serving.