or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Supplies & Equipment › Electric Smokers › Bone-in CSR in the MES 40
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bone-in CSR in the MES 40

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 

Finally a weekend off so I took advantage of it and cooked up some CSR that I bought on sale for $0.97 lb. I also did some stuff chicken breast wrapped in bacon.

 

Used a little bit of yellow mustard and Jeff's Rib Rub.

100_3337.JPG

 

CSR are in the Smoker! sausage.gif

100_3340.JPG

 

Chicken breast with a corn bread stuffing wrapped with bacon.

I kept the it simple using some canadian steak

seasoning. (BTW, I forgot to take some finish pics before we cut

them up, but I do have one with everything plated).

100_3341.JPG

 

I cooked the CSR's using 3-2-1 method. A few was falling off the

bone, but the thicker ones were just tender and had a nice tug

like consistency.

100_3345.JPG

 

 

Plated up with some modified wicked baked beans, home made

biscuits, and some head country BBQ sauce. I ate every last bit

of it! thumb1.gif

100_3346.JPG

 

 

 

 

post #2 of 15
Thread Starter 

I also want to add the smoke flavor was not as strong as I would like it, but I had a little problem in the first 30-45 mins with the AMNPS not staying lit. I think it was the way I had it on the porch (was afraid it was going to rain) limiting the air flow. Once I made some adjustment the smoke was flowing good and strong!

post #3 of 15
Looks good to me. Great job.
post #4 of 15

nice looking plate of food there....... csr's and a biscuit for me please...........icon14.gif

post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpenny2525 View Post

I also want to add the smoke flavor was not as strong as I would like it, but I had a little problem in the first 30-45 mins with the AMNPS not staying lit. I think it was the way I had it on the porch (was afraid it was going to rain) limiting the air flow. Once I made some adjustment the smoke was flowing good and strong!


It all looks GREAT!

What did you change to get your AMNPS going?

 

Todd

No Creosote! A-Maze-N Smokers

Reply
post #6 of 15
Thread Starter 



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJohnson View Post




It all looks GREAT!

What did you change to get your AMNPS going?

 

Todd

First, due to the rain I moved the smoker on to the front porch. The positioning I had it in had the the chip loader in the corner with two walls (check the picture above it was pretty much cram in the corner), and as far as I could tell it was limiting the air flow. I reposition it as much as I could and took the ship loader out completely. Once I did that the blue smoke was flowing like a charm! grilling_smilie.gif   I also fired up four Kingsford charcoal and put them in a tin pan hoping to get a smoke ring... but No Luck! icon_sad.gif

 

post #7 of 15

    Looks good ,no shame here,Keep them commingdrool.gif

post #8 of 15

  Great looking meal. Wish I had been there!

 

 

Mike

post #9 of 15

Looks great!

post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpenny2525 View Post

First, due to the rain I moved the smoker on to the front porch. The positioning I had it in had the the chip loader in the corner with two walls (check the picture above it was pretty much cram in the corner), and as far as I could tell it was limiting the air flow. I reposition it as much as I could and took the ship loader out completely. Once I did that the blue smoke was flowing like a charm! grilling_smilie.gif   I also fired up four Kingsford charcoal and put them in a tin pan hoping to get a smoke ring... but No Luck! icon_sad.gif

 


I tried adding small pieces of charcoal to the AMNPS during testing, but it was for starting purposes.  I've got a customer who breaks up charcoal briquettes, and throws them in the AMNPS with the pellets.  He claims it creates a smoke ring, but I'm not 100% sure.

 

Very cool that you got your MES Blowin' Smoke by moving things around

 

 

Todd

 

No Creosote! A-Maze-N Smokers

Reply
post #11 of 15

Look good to me. i will take a plate

post #12 of 15

MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm......................, etc, etc, etc!!!!!!!

 

Nice BearView of a Great Plate Of Food Too !!!!!!

 

 

Thanks,

Bear

post #13 of 15

That looks great. Bet it tasted even better.

post #14 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alelover View Post

That looks great. Bet it tasted even better.



It was, and the leftover the next day tasted even better. I don't know if its just me, but no matter how good it is it always taste even better the following day!

post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpenny2525 View Post


It was, and the leftover the next day tasted even better. I don't know if its just me, but no matter how good it is it always taste even better the following day!


Definitely not just you!!!

 

I think most will agree with that.

 

Bear

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Electric Smokers
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Supplies & Equipment › Electric Smokers › Bone-in CSR in the MES 40