Hello to all.
I am "Grumpy Old Guy" from windy Wyoming with a new LandMann vertical propane smoker. It's the cheapest one they make but it works pretty good. My 1st smoke with this unit was chicken thighs. They came out great.
I also did bacon, which is the best bacon I ever ate.
Here's what I did:
Apple sawdust (cold smoke) and Cherry Chips for hot smoke.
- I brined a 6# Pork Belly with TenderQuick, Salt, and Brown Sugar for 8 days @ 38 Deg F.
- Then rinsed, soaked, rinsed and let dry in refrigerator overnight, (like Bearcarver),
- Then I peppered it and cold smoked it for 6 hours @ 90F with a ProQ Cold Smoke Generator
- Then brought the internal temp to 135F for 2 more hours @ 225F hot smoke.
- The brine was 1/2 Cup Tenderquick, 1/2 Cup Kosher Salt, 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar, 1 Gallon Water
I got all my info on this website. Special thanks to Bearcarver.
This site is the cat's meow!
I'm only Grumpy when the wind blows. Trouble is, the wind always blows in Wyoming!!