- 1,001 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Location: South Mississippi
- Points: 29
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Blueberry-Cherry Rub on Spares: Q-View Last post on 9/11/13 at 7:35pm in Pork
- A Very Cherry Smoke...Chery Rub, Cherry Smoked, Cherry Glazed Spares & Cherry Chops w/o... Last post on 1/19/11 at 8:11pm in Pork
- Smoking Spare Ribs Last post on 6/13/10 at 6:19pm in Pork
- favorite types of wood Last post on 10/26/16 at 1:48pm in General Discussion
- First spares on the new MES 30" Last post on 1/9/10 at 11:52am in Pork
Cherry & Balsamic Wet Rubbed Pork Ribs
Last edited: 8/26/11
- Hawg Heaven RubLast edited: 9/28/11
- Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for PorkLast edited: 10/5/13
- Smoking RibsLast edited: 1/8/12
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
I got this because smoking on my Weber kettle gets a little crowded. In stock form, this thing would probably be pretty useless. I was able to mod it with very little extra money because I...
after my seasoning run and 1st smoking session, I had to alter the unit..closed firebox to chamber up some and added a 3/16 plate deflector on top of it so heat and smoke ran more directly into...
Smoker is everything you need as a novice or pro. I converted my smoker to natural gas. Extremely easy conversion explained by the company on their website. Bought the #51 drill bit at Ace Hardware...
I was on a waiting list to get my Timberline 1300. Now having owned it 6 weeks, It has become a $2000 paperweight that occupies space on my deck. Avoid this grill, Traeger likes to tout their world...
I bought a couple of bags, on sale, for about $3.99 a bag, for use on the 4th of July. Unfortunately, as I bought it to take over to my brother's house, as part of my contribution to the effort,...
1st: Cherry/Balsamic Wet Rub Experiment on Spares: Q-View, Recipe, Review (FINISHED) - Page 2post #21 of 253/7/13 at 1:39pmI have not been a member here long, but this was without doubt the best Q-view I've seen yet. I love the idea of the wet rub and have a bottle of balsamic in the pantry.
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #22 of 253/7/13 at 3:46pmpost #23 of 253/17/13 at 10:08pmThread Starter
Thank you, everyone. I missed the activity on this thread somehow...been too busy with other things, I guess.
This recipe will undoubtedly provide you with a very unique rib experience, and, it's actually quite simple and easy to make and apply the wet rub (OK, maybe some ingredients aren't the easiest to find for some of us)...it is highly praised by my family...well, my many variations of dry rubbed ribs are too, but this is really something I can look back on and want to make over and over again.
To date, this is a one-hit-wonder, as I've only made it once, if memory serves me correctly......I do that a lot...make a new recipe, share with everyone here, and before I get a chance to try it again, I'm off on another quest for the ultimate smoke with something else that's new to me...but hey, nothing wrong with that, is there? LOL!!! If only I weren't doing new things every time I fire up for a smoke...(sigh)...oh, who am I kidding, I live for the adventures in smoking! Alright, maybe I'll make half of my baby back smoke for an upcoming wedding with Cherry-Balsamic Wet Rub, and the rest with Hawg Heaven Dry Rub, just for some variety. They're both great tasting, personally unique rubs, and I can't go wrong with either one for a larger group, so being able to offer both rubs would be great!
Revisiting this thread after seeing it going active just gave me some more ideas for my upcoming wedding plans (my oldest daughter's gettin' hitched this summer...), so my thanks go out to all of you for that!!!
May your freezers be full and all your smokes be GREAT!
Ericpost #24 of 253/19/13 at 11:14am
A great post and thank you for the extra effort of the step-by-step explanations along with the pics.
I've been searching for a good spare rib rub. This one is first on my list.
I'll let you know how they turn out.post #25 of 255/1/13 at 11:40amThread StarterQuote:
Thanks for the comments, and you're welcome for the post.
Just playing catch-up today and stumbled onto this. Please do let us know your thoughts on this rub...it definitely puts a nice twist on the overall spare rib experience. It would be great on BBs as well. I didn't take the opportunity to try it on my big BB smoke last week, due to possible rub loss during handling/reheating...just another unknown that I didn't want to risk..(sigh).
- 1st: Cherry/Balsamic Wet Rub Experiment on Spares: Q-View, Recipe, Review (FINISHED)
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Hawg Heaven Rub
- › Post a pic or two 1 hour, 50 minutes ago
- › Greetings / Compressor Tank Build 2 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › The meat is done when it is done 3 hours, 38 minutes ago
- › MES 30 + A-Maze-N-Smoker 4 hours, 1 minute ago
- › decisions, decisions. 4 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › Regular flow to reverse flow rebuild 4 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Big Mac Fatty 4 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › Hog to Ham 28 lb. Beast 4 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › Scarbelly Wings (Buffalo Style) 4 hours, 38 minutes ago
- › 2017 Fattie Contest 4 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Pitmaster Deluxe Charcoal/Wood Smoker and Grill by Skinnyj
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by alteredstates
- › Camp Chef SMV24S 24" Smoke Vault - SMV24S by jond36
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Utah Smoker
- › Kingsford 30520 Competition Briquets, 11.1-Pound Bag by SenseiRogue
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by jdkimbro
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Outdoor Leisure 34168G Smoke Hollow Propane-Gas Smoker by raider2119
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ