- 1,000 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Location: South Mississippi
- Points: 29
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Blueberry-Cherry Rub on Spares: Q-View Last post on 9/11/13 at 7:35pm in Pork
- A Very Cherry Smoke...Chery Rub, Cherry Smoked, Cherry Glazed Spares & Cherry Chops w/o... Last post on 1/19/11 at 8:11pm in Pork
- Smoking Spare Ribs Last post on 6/13/10 at 6:19pm in Pork
- favorite types of wood Last post on 8/25/16 at 2:00pm in General Discussion
- First spares on the new MES 30" Last post on 1/9/10 at 11:52am in Pork
Cherry & Balsamic Wet Rubbed Pork Ribs
Last edited: 8/26/11
- Hawg Heaven RubLast edited: 9/28/11
- Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for PorkLast edited: 10/5/13
- Smoking RibsLast edited: 1/8/12
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is actually a review for Traegers customer service. I don't own a Traeger, but I borrowed and damaged one. I have a Yoder 640. I had loaded 70lbs of pork into it, and went to bed. In the...
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Overall I am very pleased with my Smoke Hollow smoker. IT is a great unit for me, I bought at Sams for less than 400 after taxes. The entire unit itself comes in at over 76 inches in total length...
I've only had the Masterbuilt dual-fuel propane for a month now but have used it 10 times for everything from salmon to pulled pork. I had been thinking about getting a real smoker for a while now...
1st: Cherry/Balsamic Wet Rub Experiment on Spares: Q-View, Recipe, Review (FINISHED) - Page 2post #21 of 253/7/13 at 1:39pmI have not been a member here long, but this was without doubt the best Q-view I've seen yet. I love the idea of the wet rub and have a bottle of balsamic in the pantry.
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #22 of 253/7/13 at 3:46pmpost #23 of 253/17/13 at 10:08pmThread Starter
Thank you, everyone. I missed the activity on this thread somehow...been too busy with other things, I guess.
This recipe will undoubtedly provide you with a very unique rib experience, and, it's actually quite simple and easy to make and apply the wet rub (OK, maybe some ingredients aren't the easiest to find for some of us)...it is highly praised by my family...well, my many variations of dry rubbed ribs are too, but this is really something I can look back on and want to make over and over again.
To date, this is a one-hit-wonder, as I've only made it once, if memory serves me correctly......I do that a lot...make a new recipe, share with everyone here, and before I get a chance to try it again, I'm off on another quest for the ultimate smoke with something else that's new to me...but hey, nothing wrong with that, is there? LOL!!! If only I weren't doing new things every time I fire up for a smoke...(sigh)...oh, who am I kidding, I live for the adventures in smoking! Alright, maybe I'll make half of my baby back smoke for an upcoming wedding with Cherry-Balsamic Wet Rub, and the rest with Hawg Heaven Dry Rub, just for some variety. They're both great tasting, personally unique rubs, and I can't go wrong with either one for a larger group, so being able to offer both rubs would be great!
Revisiting this thread after seeing it going active just gave me some more ideas for my upcoming wedding plans (my oldest daughter's gettin' hitched this summer...), so my thanks go out to all of you for that!!!
May your freezers be full and all your smokes be GREAT!
Ericpost #24 of 253/19/13 at 11:14am
A great post and thank you for the extra effort of the step-by-step explanations along with the pics.
I've been searching for a good spare rib rub. This one is first on my list.
I'll let you know how they turn out.post #25 of 255/1/13 at 11:40amThread StarterQuote:
Thanks for the comments, and you're welcome for the post.
Just playing catch-up today and stumbled onto this. Please do let us know your thoughts on this rub...it definitely puts a nice twist on the overall spare rib experience. It would be great on BBs as well. I didn't take the opportunity to try it on my big BB smoke last week, due to possible rub loss during handling/reheating...just another unknown that I didn't want to risk..(sigh).
- 1st: Cherry/Balsamic Wet Rub Experiment on Spares: Q-View, Recipe, Review (FINISHED)
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Hawg Heaven Rub
- › Smoked Roux - has anyone ever tried it? 5 minutes ago
- › Smoked Chicken Leg Quarters & Waffles 6 minutes ago
- › Freezing belly 15 minutes ago
- › Rotisserie sausage and grilled bean soup 32 minutes ago
- › 500 gallon build.lp tank 36 minutes ago
- › She's home!! 39 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt Smokers (Bear’s Thoughts & Findings) 42 minutes ago
- › Third batch of bacon started. 44 minutes ago
- › CSR's on the WSM! 52 minutes ago
- › Pork loin w/beans, ABT'S and corn bread! 59 minutes ago
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by montanashawn
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona
- › Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker, 14.5-Inch by Cornman
- › Weston Pro Series #22 Food Grinder 1HP by TripleQ