- 1,001 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Location: South Mississippi
- Points: 29
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Blueberry-Cherry Rub on Spares: Q-View Last post on 9/11/13 at 7:35pm in Pork
- A Very Cherry Smoke...Chery Rub, Cherry Smoked, Cherry Glazed Spares & Cherry Chops w/o... Last post on 1/19/11 at 8:11pm in Pork
- Smoking Spare Ribs Last post on 6/13/10 at 6:19pm in Pork
- favorite types of wood Last post on 10/26/16 at 1:48pm in General Discussion
- First spares on the new MES 30" Last post on 1/9/10 at 11:52am in Pork
Cherry & Balsamic Wet Rubbed Pork Ribs
Last edited: 8/26/11
- Hawg Heaven RubLast edited: 9/28/11
- Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for PorkLast edited: 10/5/13
- Smoking RibsLast edited: 1/8/12
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
I bought the Weber 26.75" grill mainly for the larger grilling area. I have owned Weber's 22.5" grills for over 50 years now, I'm on my 3rd one now, but now needed more grilling area, and the...
Forgive me if I write a lot of drivel, bu this is my first review of a product on this forum: I had gotten a 12" A-maze-n tube and used it to smoke cheese last year (on my old grill), and...
I purchased this smoker to again give smoking a try. I had been a avid meat/fish smoker years ago long before all of the temperature controlled available smokers & temperature monitoring equipment...
I called Lisa from www.vacuumsealersunlimited.com, A nicer more helpful person you wont find. She walked me through the options and helped me select the VP215. This thing is the bomb! I grabbed a...
Bought this at KMart on a special sale and we've had this grill for about five years now and it has held up pretty well except the underside of the grill. The grease pan/tray that leads to the...
1st: Cherry/Balsamic Wet Rub Experiment on Spares: Q-View, Recipe, Review (FINISHED) - Page 2post #21 of 253/7/13 at 1:39pmI have not been a member here long, but this was without doubt the best Q-view I've seen yet. I love the idea of the wet rub and have a bottle of balsamic in the pantry.
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #22 of 253/7/13 at 3:46pmpost #23 of 253/17/13 at 10:08pmThread Starter
Thank you, everyone. I missed the activity on this thread somehow...been too busy with other things, I guess.
This recipe will undoubtedly provide you with a very unique rib experience, and, it's actually quite simple and easy to make and apply the wet rub (OK, maybe some ingredients aren't the easiest to find for some of us)...it is highly praised by my family...well, my many variations of dry rubbed ribs are too, but this is really something I can look back on and want to make over and over again.
To date, this is a one-hit-wonder, as I've only made it once, if memory serves me correctly......I do that a lot...make a new recipe, share with everyone here, and before I get a chance to try it again, I'm off on another quest for the ultimate smoke with something else that's new to me...but hey, nothing wrong with that, is there? LOL!!! If only I weren't doing new things every time I fire up for a smoke...(sigh)...oh, who am I kidding, I live for the adventures in smoking! Alright, maybe I'll make half of my baby back smoke for an upcoming wedding with Cherry-Balsamic Wet Rub, and the rest with Hawg Heaven Dry Rub, just for some variety. They're both great tasting, personally unique rubs, and I can't go wrong with either one for a larger group, so being able to offer both rubs would be great!
Revisiting this thread after seeing it going active just gave me some more ideas for my upcoming wedding plans (my oldest daughter's gettin' hitched this summer...), so my thanks go out to all of you for that!!!
May your freezers be full and all your smokes be GREAT!
Ericpost #24 of 253/19/13 at 11:14am
A great post and thank you for the extra effort of the step-by-step explanations along with the pics.
I've been searching for a good spare rib rub. This one is first on my list.
I'll let you know how they turn out.post #25 of 255/1/13 at 11:40amThread StarterQuote:
Thanks for the comments, and you're welcome for the post.
Just playing catch-up today and stumbled onto this. Please do let us know your thoughts on this rub...it definitely puts a nice twist on the overall spare rib experience. It would be great on BBs as well. I didn't take the opportunity to try it on my big BB smoke last week, due to possible rub loss during handling/reheating...just another unknown that I didn't want to risk..(sigh).
- 1st: Cherry/Balsamic Wet Rub Experiment on Spares: Q-View, Recipe, Review (FINISHED)
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Hawg Heaven Rub
- › Sausage Stuffer ?? 51 seconds ago
- › Quick question 3 minutes ago
- › MES 40 Problems 3 minutes ago
- › Time for cold smoking. 5 minutes ago
- › BB Ribs on a Cold Saturday 9 minutes ago
- › Venison Pastrami 10 minutes ago
- › ASDA Fresh Counter Salmon now only £5 per Kilo 11 minutes ago
- › Eight Racks of St. Louis Ribs 12 minutes ago
- › Snack Sticks, Summer Sausage, and Pepperoni 15 minutes ago
- › COLD SMOKING WITH THE LANG, CHEESE & LOX 22 minutes ago
- › Weber 781001 26.75-Inch One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill by jesse624
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Mohole15
- › Meco 5031 Charcoal Combo Water Smoker by W2HR
- › VacMaster VP215 Chamber Vacuum Sealer by TripleQ
- › Kenmore 4 burner split lid with sear station and side burner gas grill by Cornman
- › Char-Griller 5050 Duo Gas-and-Charcoal Grill by erikself
- › Bradley Digital 4- Rack Smoker by hoekma
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by WickedPigeon
- › Char-Griller 9040 by Chicken Man 911
- › Masterbuilt 20070213 30-Inch Black Electric Digital Smoker, Front... by Wilkesctywildma