- 1,001 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Location: South Mississippi
- Points: 29
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Blueberry-Cherry Rub on Spares: Q-View Last post on 9/11/13 at 7:35pm in Pork
- A Very Cherry Smoke...Chery Rub, Cherry Smoked, Cherry Glazed Spares & Cherry Chops w/o... Last post on 1/19/11 at 8:11pm in Pork
- Smoking Spare Ribs Last post on 6/13/10 at 6:19pm in Pork
- favorite types of wood Last post on 10/26/16 at 1:48pm in General Discussion
- First spares on the new MES 30" Last post on 1/9/10 at 11:52am in Pork
Cherry & Balsamic Wet Rubbed Pork Ribs
Last edited: 8/26/11
- Hawg Heaven RubLast edited: 9/28/11
- Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for PorkLast edited: 10/5/13
- Smoking RibsLast edited: 1/8/12
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
Got this for convenience and the ease of smoking at tailgates or events without pulling the stick burner. Smoked several meals on it now. While I was assembling the smoker, i saw the wood chip tray...
If you ever wanted to make sausage and jerky this is the book that will get you started. Easy step-by-step instructions show you how to bone out a deer for sausage and jerky. Also includes both...
I know it's bad form to be underwhelmed by this book, but am I the only one who actually read it? There are duplicated parts, there is no discernible order to it, and it is mostly aimed at people...
I received this smoker as a gift - it's the 30" model. I read in the forums here about some mods to improve functionality and I did them: installed a base and casters, added some insulation around...
I received the 38' Smoky Hollow with the glass door at Christmas, and have done about 5 smokes so far. The unit is roomy enough to do a 12+ lb. brisket and much more. After two smokes, I ordered a...
1st: Cherry/Balsamic Wet Rub Experiment on Spares: Q-View, Recipe, Review (FINISHED) - Page 2post #21 of 253/7/13 at 1:39pmI have not been a member here long, but this was without doubt the best Q-view I've seen yet. I love the idea of the wet rub and have a bottle of balsamic in the pantry.
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #22 of 253/7/13 at 3:46pmpost #23 of 253/17/13 at 10:08pmThread Starter
Thank you, everyone. I missed the activity on this thread somehow...been too busy with other things, I guess.
This recipe will undoubtedly provide you with a very unique rib experience, and, it's actually quite simple and easy to make and apply the wet rub (OK, maybe some ingredients aren't the easiest to find for some of us)...it is highly praised by my family...well, my many variations of dry rubbed ribs are too, but this is really something I can look back on and want to make over and over again.
To date, this is a one-hit-wonder, as I've only made it once, if memory serves me correctly......I do that a lot...make a new recipe, share with everyone here, and before I get a chance to try it again, I'm off on another quest for the ultimate smoke with something else that's new to me...but hey, nothing wrong with that, is there? LOL!!! If only I weren't doing new things every time I fire up for a smoke...(sigh)...oh, who am I kidding, I live for the adventures in smoking! Alright, maybe I'll make half of my baby back smoke for an upcoming wedding with Cherry-Balsamic Wet Rub, and the rest with Hawg Heaven Dry Rub, just for some variety. They're both great tasting, personally unique rubs, and I can't go wrong with either one for a larger group, so being able to offer both rubs would be great!
Revisiting this thread after seeing it going active just gave me some more ideas for my upcoming wedding plans (my oldest daughter's gettin' hitched this summer...), so my thanks go out to all of you for that!!!
May your freezers be full and all your smokes be GREAT!
Ericpost #24 of 253/19/13 at 11:14am
A great post and thank you for the extra effort of the step-by-step explanations along with the pics.
I've been searching for a good spare rib rub. This one is first on my list.
I'll let you know how they turn out.post #25 of 255/1/13 at 11:40amThread StarterQuote:
Thanks for the comments, and you're welcome for the post.
Just playing catch-up today and stumbled onto this. Please do let us know your thoughts on this rub...it definitely puts a nice twist on the overall spare rib experience. It would be great on BBs as well. I didn't take the opportunity to try it on my big BB smoke last week, due to possible rub loss during handling/reheating...just another unknown that I didn't want to risk..(sigh).
- 1st: Cherry/Balsamic Wet Rub Experiment on Spares: Q-View, Recipe, Review (FINISHED)
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Hawg Heaven Rub
- › Hello from NC 6 minutes ago
- › Finally getting started on my UDS build. 8 minutes ago
- › Smoked canned oysters - a la Mr.T 18 minutes ago
- › Thai-Jerky batch #3 22 minutes ago
- › Chuck Roast Smoked Using Texas Crutch = Fail 23 minutes ago
- › Fillet Mignon (Getting my Money’s Worth) 27 minutes ago
- › Duck score 30 minutes ago
- › Restaurant Depot Pack Date/Beef Ribs 36 minutes ago
- › Loin and chops 40 minutes ago
- › Need help with buying new smoker 40 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas by scubohuntr
- › Masterbuilt Two Door Propane Smoker by JASinIL2006
- › Outdoor Leisure Products Smoke Hollow 38202G by csparrazza
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by mikeg1218
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by fivebadgers
- › GMG by Kirby27
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by racecar1439
- › Maverick ET-732 Remote Check Wireless Thermometer With 2 Probes by MyOwnIdaho
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine