or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

BBB To The Rescue!

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 

 

 

 

 

Hot Dogs with BBB
 
I can't help it, I love Hot Dogs!
 
I had some Hot Dogs to get rid of, but I needed something more.
 
I have had hundreds of Bacon Dogs before, but never tried any with a slice of Buckboard Bacon.
 
Oh yeah---------That Home Smoked BBB did the trick!
 
I'm making this short, because my typing finger is tired from the last two Step by Steps I did!
 
Pictures and Captions (Below) explain themselves, like good little Pictures & Captions should.
 
 
Thanks All,
Bear 
 
 
 
 
Don't need many ingredients:
DSC02520.JPG
 
 
A little close-up of my BBB:
DSC02522.JPG
 
 
Throw them on the Weber "Q":
DSC02523.JPG
 
 
A few minutes later:
DSC02531.JPG
 
 
A little French's Dijon:
DSC02535.JPG
 
 
A slice of BBB:
DSC02538.JPG
 
 
Topped with a Doggy on each----That's All Folks:
DSC02540.JPG
post #2 of 19

everythings better with bacon..even the ol' tube steaks. Happy to see no ketchup on those...that's just wrong. Lose points for no kraut though Bear.....

post #3 of 19

I gotta do some BBB and some more CB. Looks good Bear

post #4 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Willie View Post

everythings better with bacon..even the ol' tube steaks. Happy to see no ketchup on those...that's just wrong. Lose points for no kraut though Bear.....


Thanks Willie,

I have some strange ways I guess:

I love Dogs with Bacon & I love them with Kraut, but I don't like the kraut to mingle with my Bacon.

 

Kinda like Beer & Reece's Peanut Butter Cups!!!!

 

Can't help it---kinda set in my ways.

 

 

Strange Bear

 

post #5 of 19

Ah, another excellent suggestion for those summer gatherings.

post #6 of 19

Looks great Bear, only 8 dogs? How you gonna break the record at Coney Island? biggrin.gif

post #7 of 19

Beans?

Where's the Beans?!?!?

 

Looks Great Bear!

 

 

Todd

No Creosote! A-Maze-N Smokers

Reply
post #8 of 19

Throw a dill pickle on there and I'd be in heaven!  There is a place (Jimmy's hot dogs) in Easton, PA that sells them for little to nothing.  If you ask for everything it comes with mustard, onions, and a dill pickle.  They also have ketchup but, for some reason, ketchup doesn't come on a dog with everything which is fine with me because it's better without.  If you ask for relish you get yelled at!!!!

 

Here is a picture of Jimmy's dogs.

 

mini_9948.jpg

 

And the prices:

 

9949.jpg

 

$.85 for a dog and $.95 for a large soda.  Can't beat that, even 15 years ago!!!

post #9 of 19

Dang nice lookin dogs, I'll have to give that a whirl 241.png

post #10 of 19

Always something good there Mr. Bear I gona try that one ....drool.gif

post #11 of 19

Bear,

 

Next time you get up this a ways, I gonna spoil you with the home meade moose dogs--you will never appreciate those punnie weinners again.  I aint chittin ya buddy-- they are to DIE for!!

 

Rich

post #12 of 19

How can you go wrong with bacon and hot dogs?!?!  I love 'em both.  Looks like a good combo to me.  Bear, I'm with you...I like kraut on a dog, but somehow it doesn't seem to go with the bacon.  I leave off the ketchup too.  Every once in a while I like a little mayo on the bun, with some mustard.  Seems like the mayo would work with the bacon too -- much like a BLT.  That makes me think that what you have there is a BHD.

 

Another good one Bear!

post #13 of 19

Looks Good, I'll have to give it a try.

post #14 of 19

Looks good Bear! The only thing missing is some melted cheese.

post #15 of 19
Thread Starter 

Thanks Brian, Dave, and Mr Roller !!!

 

You guys are great !

 

Bear

post #16 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biaviian View Post

Throw a dill pickle on there and I'd be in heaven!  There is a place (Jimmy's hot dogs) in Easton, PA that sells them for little to nothing.  If you ask for everything it comes with mustard, onions, and a dill pickle.  They also have ketchup but, for some reason, ketchup doesn't come on a dog with everything which is fine with me because it's better without.  If you ask for relish you get yelled at!!!!

 

Here is a picture of Jimmy's dogs.

And the prices:

$.85 for a dog and $.95 for a large soda.  Can't beat that, even 15 years ago!!!


Thanks Buddy!

Around here they're mostly about $1---Tax included---People even set up at Home Depot---Buck a piece. I can't stop at HD without getting a couple!!!

WaWA stores have real good Quarter Pounders!

 

Bear

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Keymaster View Post

Dang nice lookin dogs, I'll have to give that a whirl 241.png

Thanks,

Bear
 

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanBear View Post

Bear,

 

Next time you get up this a ways, I gonna spoil you with the home meade moose dogs--you will never appreciate those punnie weinners again.  I aint chittin ya buddy-- they are to DIE for!!

 

Rich

Moose Dogs !!!!

Now we're talking!!!

 

Thanks AB,

Bear
 

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by JAK757 View Post

How can you go wrong with bacon and hot dogs?!?!  I love 'em both.  Looks like a good combo to me.  Bear, I'm with you...I like kraut on a dog, but somehow it doesn't seem to go with the bacon.  I leave off the ketchup too.  Every once in a while I like a little mayo on the bun, with some mustard.  Seems like the mayo would work with the bacon too -- much like a BLT.  That makes me think that what you have there is a BHD.

 

Another good one Bear!

Hmmm---I never tried a BHD with M (or MW)

 

But I will !!!

 

Thanks,

Bear
 

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMcG View Post

Looks Good, I'll have to give it a try.

Thanks Dan,

Sometimes I think I was weaned on weiners !!!

Might be a lot of crap in them, but when I was working long distance on the road, I'd always stop for a couple dogs, instead of a couple fast food burgers.

 

Bear
 

 

post #17 of 19
Thread Starter 

I forgot all about this thread---Probably because it was just some hot dogs with Bacon.  biggrin.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by meateater View Post

Looks great Bear, only 8 dogs? How you gonna break the record at Coney Island? biggrin.gif

 

LOL---62 to 69 hot dogs???

Any more I usually eat 2---with a 3 dog max!

Thanks Meateater,

Bear
 

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinAl View Post

Looks good Bear! The only thing missing is some melted cheese.


Thanks Al !

You're right---At least one of them should have had a slice of melted cheese in it.

Cheese goes good with mustard, dogs, and Bacon!

 

I sometimes even slip some Bacon in my Grilled Cheese Sammies!!! MMMmmmm................

 

Just picked 14 Cherry tomatoes------IT'S BLT TIME IN SE-PA  !!!!   YeeeeeeHaaaaaaaa!!!!

 

Bear

 

post #18 of 19

Bear I got my BBB curing in the fridge right now! I have another great way to try BBB. Thanks for the great ideas. I am gonna be a bacon hero!!! LOL

post #19 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Trachet View Post

Bear I got my BBB curing in the fridge right now! I have another great way to try BBB. Thanks for the great ideas. I am gonna be a bacon hero!!! LOL



That's great Sam!!!

 

I missed it, but I'll bet it was awesome, and nearly all gone by now!!

 

 

Bear

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Smoking Bacon