Picked it up over Father's day weekend when on sale for $99 at Lowe's. I also bought a cover and the side firebox. I have to say the new style covers CharGriller is selling this year are 100x better than the old style I bought a couple years ago with my CharGriller Duo. Also, sold my CharGriller Duo a few days later because it just took up too much space if you factored in a firebox being attached, also I rarely used the gas side of the grill.
Just finished up seasoning the grill and adding a few mods. Now just need to get a free weekend to give slow smoking some ribs a try on my new toy.
A few things I've done include:
- Dryer Vent.
- Big wheels for easy pushing through grass.
- Removed original gauge (was off 30-40 degrees and filled with oil and moisture....) and patched the hole.
- Added (2) new River Country 2" gauges to the lower left and right.
- Added a coupe hinges to keep the sliding side firebox tray securely closed (kept popping out a 1/4 inch or so on one side when closed....).
- Rubbed a few coats of Waterlox on all wood parts to keep them looking good and make them easy to clean. Good stuff and had a bunch left over from a previous project.
- Took the extra plate between the grill and firebox and cut all but 2 tabs off and then used wing nuts to secure inside the grill. This allows me to use the either side as a grill when I'm not smoking. I figure if I'm cooking for 1-2 then use the small firebox or if 2+ then use the grill side. Then when smoking I just remove it.
- Charcoal basket for the firebox.