New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lime Legs

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 

I just had to make another batch but chose legs this time. I soaked in lime juice and added some rub this time also. Let it set overnight and smoked with hickory 160°. Oh yeah these rock. I also added some pics of how I use my smoker. Enjoy. 

 

element.jpg

 

bottom.jpg

 

chunksandchips.jpg

 

grates.jpg

 

waterpan.jpg

 

 

tbs.jpg

 

mojito lime.jpg

 

raw.jpg

 

done.jpg

post #2 of 14

Dang Meat you are on a roll,,,  Looks Good...

post #3 of 14

Nice looking chix again!

 

Crazy looking drum.  I'm trying to figger how ur not getting billowing white smoke with that thing.

 

The proof is in the chicken, tho.  Nice job!

 

Good luck and good smoking.

post #4 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venture View Post

Nice looking chix again!

 

Crazy looking drum.  I'm trying to figger how ur not getting billowing white smoke with that thing.

 

The proof is in the chicken, tho.  Nice job!

 

Good luck and good smoking.

I soak the chunks overnight and the chips I just get them wet right before. Working great so far.biggrin.gif
 

 

post #5 of 14

 Nice BearView of that young Beef !!!  (calf)   biggrin.gif

 

Darn if you really do have an electric element in that UDS !!!

 

Thanks for the views!

 

Bear

post #6 of 14

Great looking legs meat,

Man they look juicy drool.gif

 

Make way for the Mojito Express  train.gif

 

              looks_great.png

 

post #7 of 14

You put da' lime in the coconut, you shake it all up.... you put da' lime in the coconut....

 

Nice looking yard bird MeatEater! 2thumbs.gif

post #8 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post

 Nice BearView of that young Beef !!!  (calf)   biggrin.gif

 

Darn if you really do have an electric element in that UDS !!!

 

Thanks for the views!

 

Bear

Yup, it's true watt burner! I sneak out the big one on holidays when the staff are all off for the day. rolleyes.gif
 

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor700 View Post

Great looking legs meat,

Man they look juicy drool.gif

 

Make way for the Mojito Express  train.gif

 

              looks_great.png

 


Thanks, I'm really liking this recipe. icon14.gif

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by JIRodriguez View Post

You put da' lime in the coconut, you shake it all up.... you put da' lime in the coconut....

 

Nice looking yard bird MeatEater! 2thumbs.gif


Thanks Johnny. icon14.gif

 

post #9 of 14

Man those look mighty tasty. I could go for a bunch of them right now.

post #10 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarbelly View Post

Man those look mighty tasty. I could go for a bunch of them right now.



Thanks Gary, it was one for the dog and 4 for me. biggrin.gif

post #11 of 14

Man o man those bad boys are juicy!   bravo.png

post #12 of 14

Did up a batch (about 80 wings) of the lime wings (per yours and SOB's instructions) and those things disappeared.  A lot of work really since you had so little meat per piece.  Legs make more sense.  How about thigh meat as well?  The variation I went with on the lime is I bought some of Costco's Margarita mix with cane sugar.  That was a good choice judging by the way the wings disappeared.

 

~Dave

post #13 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWDave View Post

Did up a batch (about 80 wings) of the lime wings (per yours and SOB's instructions) and those things disappeared.  A lot of work really since you had so little meat per piece.  Legs make more sense.  How about thigh meat as well?  The variation I went with on the lime is I bought some of Costco's Margarita mix with cane sugar.  That was a good choice judging by the way the wings disappeared.

 

~Dave


Glad you liked them Dave, I was thinking about using boneless skinless thighs next time, just might have to try the margarita mix as well. icon14.gif

 

post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by meateater View Post




Glad you liked them Dave, I was thinking about using boneless skinless thighs next time, just might have to try the margarita mix as well. icon14.gif

 


I thought the margarita mix gave a rather sweet (to me) taste but nobody else did, so who am I to complain?  We, who struggle in the trenches to serve the masses with our meager offerings, will take any pats on the head we can, right?  Geeze, I gotta go mow the lawn or something or I'll really be waxing poetic.....see what I mean?
 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Poultry