SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Pork › First smoke with my NEW MES30 (w/Qview)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

First smoke with my NEW MES30 (w/Qview)

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 

Here is the the rubbed up prok cushion.  Ready for the smoker. :o)

 

IMG_1171.JPG

 

Here are some Spare Ribs that are going to join in the party!!!!

 

IMG_1172.JPG

 

I am trying out a new rub of my own design.  Tasted great on a stand alone basis with just the right balance of sweet/salty/heat.  Smoking with Hickory chunks and the smell on the back patio is AMAZING!

 

Now before you go posting Popcorn Smiley's and Snoring smiley's I will post the fisnished products as soon as they are done LOL  Just wanted to get the thread started!!  As an aside when I opened the smoker to put in the ribs the Pork Cushions had an AWESOME bark forming and a great color. 

 

Thanks for tuning in.....

 

Scott

 

 

 

 

 

post #2 of 18

Looking good Scott

Bring on the Qview

 

 popcorn.gif110.gifpopcorn.gif

 

laugh1.gif I couldn't resistlaugh1.gif

post #3 of 18

Looking good so far Scott!!!

 

We post this stuff anyway!!nana2.gif

 

   Craig

post #4 of 18

some good looking chow so far and a lot of it...enjoy the ride

post #5 of 18
Thread Starter 

A peek inside at the Pork Cushions.....all done and ready to come out

IMG_1179.JPG

post #6 of 18
Thread Starter 

A full smoker. Spares and Pork Cushion.

IMG_1180.JPG

post #7 of 18
Thread Starter 

 Here is the pork all pulled and waiting for consumption. Sorry for the multiple replies to myself but I couldn't get them all into one reply. Was having issues icon_redface.gifIMG_1184.JPG

post #8 of 18
Thread Starter 

Ribs waiting to be cut.  All in all this was a damn fine meal. Served Sweet Baby Ray's on the side.  Ribs were fall off the bone tender. Pork cushions were soft and moist.  LOVED my rub. IMG_1181.JPG

post #9 of 18

Nice job! Everything looks delicious!   icon14.gif

post #10 of 18

Looks good. I have an MES30 as well and I was wondering how long did the three cushions take and what temp did you take them to?

post #11 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeznuts View Post

Looks good. I have an MES30 as well and I was wondering how long did the three cushions take and what temp did you take them to?



I smoked them for 6 hours to an internal temp of 195F.  Let it rest and pulled it at 204F  Came out moist and tender. 

post #12 of 18

Great looking grub, I smoked some ribs on Fathers day, but they were still just a bit tough when we ate them, I just used a store bought seasoning salt called Johnnys, and also some Granulated Garlic.

 

Hope I'm not being to forward here, but is there any chance you would share your rub recipe. I'm fairly new here and new at smoking, and would love to gather rubs etc for my recipe list.

 

Thanks Rich-

post #13 of 18

Great looking food.  439.gif

 

One tip I got from this site when I first got my MES30 was to cover the water pan with foil.  Helps a bunch on clean up!! 

post #14 of 18

Nice Job!!!

 

Nice BearView too!!!

 

 

Thanks for showing,

Bear

post #15 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBombersfan View Post

Great looking food.  439.gif

 

One tip I got from this site when I first got my MES30 was to cover the water pan with foil.  Helps a bunch on clean up!! 


Done and did.....I also foiled the drip pan and the bottom of the smoker.  Thanks for the compliments too.....much appreciated. icon_wink.gif
 

 

post #16 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich- View Post

Great looking grub, I smoked some ribs on Fathers day, but they were still just a bit tough when we ate them, I just used a store bought seasoning salt called Johnnys, and also some Granulated Garlic.

 

Hope I'm not being to forward here, but is there any chance you would share your rub recipe. I'm fairly new here and new at smoking, and would love to gather rubs etc for my recipe list.

 

Thanks Rich-



Private Message sent Rich. 439.gif

 

post #17 of 18

nice

post #18 of 18

Looks great from here Scott!!!!!

 

Have a great day!!

 

  Craig

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Pork
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Pork › First smoke with my NEW MES30 (w/Qview)