Here's the recipe folks
SWEET YEAST DOUGH
½ cup milk
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
¾ cup vegetable shortening
2 envelopes active dry yeast
½ cup very warm water
4 eggs, beaten
4½ cups sifted all-purpose flour
1.Combine milk, sugar,salt and shortening in saucepan.Heat just until shortening is melted;cool to luke warm.
2. Sprinkle yeast into very warm water in a large bowl.
Add lukewarm milk mixture, eggs and 2 cups of the flour;beat until smooth.
Add just enough of the remaining flour to make soft dough.
3. Turn out onto lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic,about 5 mins, using only as much flour as needed to keep dough from sticking.
4. Place in large greased bowl; turn to bring greased side up. Cover. Let risein warm place, away from drafts, 1 to 1½ hours,or until double in bulk.
5. Punch dough down; knead a few times; let rest 5 mins.
½ recipe Sweet Yeast Dough
1 stick butter or margarine, softened
¾ cup brown sugar
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ cup raisins, or pecans (optional)
½ cup 10x (confectioners) sugar
2 teaspoons milk
1. Roll out Sweet Yeast Dough to a 15x8-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Spread entire surface of the dough with the softened butter.
2. Combine brown sugar,cinnamon and raisins (optional). Sprinkle over dough. Roll up, Jelly Roll fashion, beginning with the long side. Pinch to seal seem.
Cut into 12 equal slices. Place cut side up, in a greased ( i used butter) 9-inch pan. Cover. Let rise in a warm place 1 hour or until dough is double in bulk.
3. Bake in a moderate oven (375º) 25 mins. or until golden brown. Turn out on wire rack. Turn right side up.
4. Blend 10x sugar and milk in small bowl to make a thin icing. While warm, drizzle icing over tops.
Thats the recipe
You can adust to your liking, But this is the basic recipe.
This same dough can be used to make coffee cake.
Just place the dough in a large baking dish, Let rise, And sprinkle crumb mixture over top.
Bake at same temp. and time.
¾ cup softened butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon cinnamon