Grilled up some wonderful ribeyes tonight.
How I cooked them:
1) Unpackaged them and allowed them to sit out on the counter while I fired up the chimney full of Kingsford Mesquite charcoal.
2) Spread Extra Virgin Olive Oil on both sides of each of the ribeyes.
3) Sprinkled Weber Chicago Steak Seasoning on both sides and waited for the charcoal to gray over.
4) Poured charcoal into a pile on one side of my Weber 22 1/2" Kettle Gold. Placed grate on the kettle and waited 5 minutes to all it to heat up good for searing.
5) Placed each ribeye on the grate directly above coals.
6) Waited 2 minutes and then rotated on the grate to get the X sear mark and grilled for an additional 2 minutes.
7) After the 4 minutes listed above, I flipped the ribeyes and repeated the same searing as above.
8) After a total of 8 minutes of sear time, I moved the ribeyes to the cool side of the grill (lid removed) and cooked 4 more minutes, flipped and cooked another 4 minutes.
9) After 8 minutes on the cool side of the grill, the steaks were removed from the grill and were allowed to rest for about 5 minutes while the bread was cut, potatoes buttered up, beer cap removed from my Michelob Ultra and dinner was served.
Here is the Q-view:
Searing these babies...love that sizzle.
Juices puddling on top....must be time to flip.
After a quick glance around it was now time to cut off those tails for a little taste for the cook.
The money shot!!! MMMM MMMM