Following the great tips I got from Johnny and Al in an earlier thread, my second cook with the iQue is currently underway. I started with around 8 pounds of charcoal and I buried 2 small chunks of hickory in the middle of the pile the best I could. I've got the top vent opened 100%, the two front bottom vents closed 100% and the third back vent that the air manifold is attached to closed 50%.
I started the minion method with 8 lit briquettes and then assembled the cooker with an empty foiled water pan. It's been 20 minutes since I plugged the iQue in and it's going to take a while to get up to 250 with only the 8 lit briquettes. I'll chime in a little later and let everyone know how it's going. BTW, I'm doing a rack of baby backs this time out and I'm not throwing them on the WSM until that bitter hickory smoke turns thin blue and sweet smelling. Meat ain't cheap!