Thought I would share pic's and the line up from our last weekend. We are a little late doing up our venison this year because of an exhausting winter of too much snow, again.
This is our grinding and mixing area in the garage.
Here is the grinder in action on the first grind.
My wife Tanya (Tatonka3A2) in action mixing a batch.
Meat mixer doing it's thing.
Cotto Salami and Bologna stuffed.
Cotto Salami up front and Bologna in the rear, getting a little smoke.
Meat sticks out of the stuffer.
Summer sausage hanging in the smoker, we added Fermento for a little added tangy taste for the first time.
Cotto Salami in the slicer.
All sliced up and ready for packaging. Cotto Salami up front and Bologna in the rear.
Here is a list of what we made.
- 25 lbs. Cotto Salami
- 25 lbs. Bologna
- 25 lbs. Smoked Sausage ¼ done as ring ¼ done as ring with cheese ¼ done as link and ¼ done as links with cheese (all smoked)
- 25 lbs. of meat sticks (Hunters / Pepperoni mix)
- 12 ½ lbs. of Grandpa Josh Summer Sausage
- 12 ½ lbs. of Grandpa Josh w/ Garlic Summer Sausage
- 12 ½ lbs. of Hot & Spicy Brat mix
- 5 lbs. of Checkered Past Italian sausage
- 10 lbs. of Country Style breakfast links
- 8 lbs. of Southern breakfast links
- 8 lbs. of Porketta breakfast links
- 8 lbs. of Pork breakfast links
Here is a pic of the 175 plus pound weekend all packaged up, thanks for looking!