I'm not sure what type of gasser you're using, but this is a basic guideline.
Igniter Lighting System:
1. Check all connections for leaks using the “soapy water”
2. Open the smoker cabinet door.
3. Check for any blockage to the venturi tube or burner.
Remove any foreign objects or matter.
4. Be sure the burner control knob is in the “OFF” position.
5. Open the LP cylinder valve by turning
6. To light unit with the igniter, push in and turn the burner
control knob counter-clockwise to the high setting.
7. Immediately press the igniter repeatedly to
click it several times (you should see a small spark
jumping from the end of the electrode rod to the side of the
burner). If the burner doesn’t light within 3 to 5 seconds,
turn the burner control knob off and wait five minutes
before repeating the steps again. If burner still fails to light
try match lighting the smoker.
If the LP valve is locked up:
turn everything off. Unplug the hose from the tank. Reconnect the hose to the tank, making sure you have a solid connection. SLOWLY,turn on the tank valve, and then open the burner control, then try to light it.I hope this helps you.
Edited by richoso1 - 3/30/11 at 8:42pm