SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Poultry › Smoked a few chicken 1/4's last Night
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Smoked a few chicken 1/4's last Night

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 

Smoked $5.00 worth of 1/4's last night (they were on sale). Used up the last of the blue bag. Put a chunk of pecan on for the smoke. This is my new favorite wood. Put honey bbq sauce on the top ones and left the bottom ones with just a rub. Thanks for lookin'.000_0430.jpg000_0431.jpg000_0432.jpg

post #2 of 16

Chicken looks great! Now I am hungry.

post #3 of 16

Looking very tasty Mr Smith!!!

 

I hadn't seen a 22.5 WSM in person til last weekend...

Those things are HUGE!!!

 

       Craig

post #4 of 16

quarters look great and so does the inside of that smoker. Nice and seasoned

post #5 of 16

Now those are some good looking chicken quarters! Great job! Can't beat that WSM for good Q!!!

post #6 of 16

Very nice job! I'm getting hungry for some ChickenQ, like everybody else!

What was your seasoning and sauce/glaze selection?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp RibKing View Post

Smoked $5.00 worth of 1/4's last night (they were on sale). Used up the last of the blue bag. Put a chunk of pecan on for the smoke. This is my new favorite wood. Put honey bbq sauce on the top ones and left the bottom ones with just a rub. Thanks for lookin'.000_0430.jpg000_0431.jpg000_0432.jpg



 



Quote:
Originally Posted by fpnmf View Post

Looking very tasty Mr Smith!!!

 

I hadn't seen a 22.5 WSM in person til last weekend...

Those things are HUGE!!!

 

       Craig



They're huge! Growing up, I'd seen my uncle Einar using his 18.5 WSMC, and I thought my 22 would be just like his, but wider, but Weber really upped the dimensions overall. When I went down to UPS to collect mine in boxed form, I parked my truck at the back of the lot thinking I could carry it easily- Whoops!

post #7 of 16

I have been wanting to try pecan. Is it a mild wood? I usually use hickory, apple, or cherry and I have been wanting to try some other woods.

post #8 of 16

That is some great looking bird parts man.. Nice job bet it was tasty icon14.gif  What temp did you smoke them at?

post #9 of 16
Some mighty fine looking yard bird, and I must agree pecan is very nice!
post #10 of 16

Nice looking legs you got there sir biggrin.gif , love chicken quarters they are my favorite way to cook chicken.

post #11 of 16

Looking great man. Love chicken almost any way you cook it

post #12 of 16

The Chicken Looks Delicious...  Nice Job...

post #13 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyotrain View Post

That is some great looking bird parts man.. Nice job bet it was tasty icon14.gif  What temp did you smoke them at?



Thanks for the comment. About 220*

post #14 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkiphan View Post

I have been wanting to try pecan. Is it a mild wood? I usually use hickory, apple, or cherry and I have been wanting to try some other woods.


Hawk, Pecan is I think kind of a strong wood like hickory, that is why I only used 1 chunk about 3"x 5". I have been mixing hickory and pecan for butts.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by boykjo View Post

quarters look great and so does the inside of that smoker. Nice and seasoned



Yes, the inside of smoker has a nice layer on it, only took 9 months.



Quote:
Originally Posted by I is a moose View Post

Very nice job! I'm getting hungry for some ChickenQ, like everybody else!

What was your seasoning and sauce/glaze selection?
 



 





They're huge! Growing up, I'd seen my uncle Einar using his 18.5 WSMC, and I thought my 22 would be just like his, but wider, but Weber really upped the dimensions overall. When I went down to UPS to collect mine in boxed form, I parked my truck at the back of the lot thinking I could carry it easily- Whoops!


I used McCormicks Montreal Chicken seasoning and Grill Mates Roasted garlic and herb 

 

post #15 of 16
Thread Starter 

Thanks for the great comments everyone!!!

post #16 of 16

look great

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Poultry
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Poultry › Smoked a few chicken 1/4's last Night