Well I finally went and done it! I dropped by the store this morning after work and I just could not leave without taking home a brisket. I've been threatening to do one of these for a long time and with the weather getting better and the price being pretty fair, I had no choice. It was like looking at a puppy that is just begging you to take him home. Of course I'd never smoke a puppy and at 10lbs it's slightly bigger than a puppy !!
So here come the questions:
1. sliced or pulled?
2. whole or seperate point and flat before cooking
3. make burnt ends? I really should do them
4. good beef rub, I usually just do pork and chicken.
5. spritz every so often like ribs ??
6. to wrap or not to wrap? that is the question
7. how many beers will it take to cook this thing?? 2 an hour sound fair? I'm gonna be really mad if it stalls after 15 hours Ya know I hate it when I run out of beer while cooking
8. fat side up or down..I'm guessing up so as it renders it will keep the meat moist..wait..down..yeah down..that will protect the bottom side from the direct heat from below on my UDS..
9. finishing sauce for beef? or thin bbq...hmmm time to google I'm thinking thin bbq maybe mayo based.
So let them answers fly! I'm willin to try plain ole beginners brisket to who'd thunk it.