or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Poultry › Spachkocked my way..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Spachkocked my way.. - Page 2

post #21 of 28



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor700 View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by NWDave View Post

X2

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbranstner View Post

Ok you better post a step by step on that deboning. I need to know how to do that.  You DA MAN.


 



I found this in the wiki's http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/wiki/chicken-deboning-video 


I've seen that one.  We want to see if  Pit 4 Brains has a different technique.  There's always more ways to skin a cat.
 

post #22 of 28
Thread Starter 

Yeppers.. That's about how i did it minus removing any portion of wing and I pulled the tenders off the ribs and left them with the breasts. If you follow that video and do a couple of chickens, it get real easy and you almost do it automatically once you cut the backbone out. I hate having ribs and breastbones in my chichens and the deboneing allows you to cut the breasts across the grain of the meat..

post #23 of 28

Good looking chow!!

 

 Thanks!

 

 

  Craig

post #24 of 28

Looks awesome. Nice work with the twine. Never saw anyone tie one like that. Looks like it worked pretty darn good. Might need a tutorial on tying that thing though.

post #25 of 28
Nice looking bird, I too woud like to see the debone, always looking for new and different way to make the yard bird!
post #26 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWDave View Post



 


I've seen that one.  We want to see if  Pit 4 Brains has a different technique.  There's always more ways to skin a cat.
 



 



Quote:
Originally Posted by alelover View Post

Looks awesome. Nice work with the twine. Never saw anyone tie one like that. Looks like it worked pretty darn good. Might need a tutorial on tying that thing though.



Maybe this weekend I'll do a couple more chickens for leftovers..

post #27 of 28

Thanks, will be looking forward to it.  Be sure to include a good picture of the type of knife.  I know it's suppose to be a boning knife but with so many types of "boning knives" available, it gets confusing and quite truthfully I'm still trying to get a handle on the knives to use (no pun intended, well yes, actually).

post #28 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWDave View Post

Thanks, will be looking forward to it.  Be sure to include a good picture of the type of knife.  I know it's suppose to be a boning knife but with so many types of "boning knives" available, it gets confusing and quite truthfully I'm still trying to get a handle on the knives to use (no pun intended, well yes, actually).



Ok, will definately do that, Dave. If anyone else has an idea or request, it would help me make the tutorial..

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Poultry
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Poultry › Spachkocked my way..