This is probably why the Mavericks don't interfere with each other:
The Maverick Redi Chek® Smoker needs the receiver to register the radio frequency signal from the transmitter.
Registering Receiver & Transmitter
1. Plug the stainless steel probe sensors into the corresponding plug ins of the transmitter.
2. Remove the battery compartment door of the transmitter
3. Turn the Receiver on by sliding switch on the rear of the receiver from OFF to ON.
4. Turn Transmitter on by sliding switch on the rear of the transmitter from OFF to ON. This needs to be
done within 60 seconds of turning on the receiver in order for the receiver to register the signal from the
transmitter. If it doesn’t beep within 5-10 seconds slide switch OFF wait a few seconds and then switch back
ON. Pressing and holding the TX button for 2 seconds will do the same thing as turning transmitter OFF
and then back ON.
5. Registration is complete when the unit beeps and the probe temperature appears where the “---” was
flashing. Replace the transmitter battery door. Turn screw counterclockwise to lock.