So after 2 uses, as most are finding, I discovered the SNP to run somewhat cold, and boy does it chew through lump. So I modified it based on some other mods I've seen floating around. I picked up a masterforge grill from Lowes strictly for the charcoal grate. As it turns out, the radial damper comes as a small kit in the box. So I drilled a few holes and voila, upper ventilation. I drilled approx 10 vent holes in the fire pan. The Masterforge Grill also comes with a cute little stand that folds up and has a solid ring around it. I removed the folding legs, took the wring, and mounted the small charcoal grate to it using the existing screw tabs. It now sits about two inches off the bottom of the fire pan, allowing for much greater ventilation and eliminating my ash build up. I also removed the lower screws from the legs, and replaced them with much longer screws. Gave them a 45 degree bend on the ends and the fire pan now sits perfectly in the base. I've personally never had much of a problem accessing the pan. But I have had problems with the pan damn near falling out of the bottom. I also added 4 temperature gauges. 2 analog and 2 remote/wireless. For now, to address the top lid seal ( i spent hours looking for that fiberglass rope gasket for ovens) , I'll use foil rolled into a long rope wrapped around the edges. I plan to throw a rack of loin ribs and two pork loins at it tomorrow morning. Before the mods, I was having a hard time keeping her about 190/200, and when she wasn't cold, she was on FIRE. So I hope this addresses some of my issues.