OK so my brother and I have been persuaded to enter a local cook off. The categories are Pork Ribs, Half Chicken, and Charro Beans. It is through the Knights of Columbus @ one of the local Catholic Churches. My question is does anyone have a list that they use for their cook offs and if so may I see it to see if I am forgetting anything for ours. We do not have a tent but can probably get one I have several tables. All my cooking equipment. Gonna take out my two UDS smokers. Any Help Would Be Appreciated!!
Below is rules I was sent.
St Patrick’s Catholic Church Knights of Columbus Council #8404 5th Annual “NFL Wild Card BBQ Cook-Off” Saturday January 8, 2011 9am - 7pm
Cost $100.00 per team 1st, 2nd, 3rd Places for Each Category:
Categories: 1. Half Chicken 2. Pork Ribs 3. Charro Beans
1ST PLACE TROPHY FOR EACH CATEGORY 2ND PLACE TROPHY FOR EACH CATEGORY 3RD PLACE TROPHY FOR EACH CATEGORY
Proceeds Benefits Local Charities
1. Each team ( 6 per team) provides their own canopy and/or tent. Entry fee reserves a team a 10' x 20' space. First come, first serve for spot. You may have more than 7 people in your area. LIMIT OF 25 TEAMS
2. CANNOT marinade meat prior to the event. Marshal(s) will inspect prior to cook off commencement. Any meat marinaded prior to cook off will result in disqualification. (We are leveling the playing field FOR EVERYONE)
3. Each team is limited to 2 cases of beer on premise. NO EXCEPTIONS
4. Check in at between 8 and 8:30am. Meeting prior to commencement of cook off will be held in parish hall at 9:00am to go over rules.
5. Cooking will commence at 9:30am
Turn in Charro Beans at Turn in Pork Ribs at Turn in Half Chicken at
2:00pm 3:00pm 4:00pm
JUDGING AND ANNOUNCEMENTS AT: 6:30pm
Entry fee and form is due prior to or no later than Tuesday December 15, 2010. You may bring the entry fee in by 7:30pm at the parish hall or give the form and fee to any Brother K of C #8404 on or before deadline as well. COOK-OFF WILL BE HELD RAIN OR SHINE.
Good Luck and May the best Team Win.......