I have searched around here and can't seem to find any post that just uses pork.
I am wanting to make some summer sausage and we have a bunch of ground pork.
Can I use just pork for summer sausage?
This is the recipe I want to use but use pork instead of beef.
Any imput would be helpful
Summer Sausage Ingredients
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons Morton Tender Quick salt
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cajun-louisiana seasoning blend (your favorite)
- black pepper 1 teaspoon