I just can't seem to nail down my recipe. I have made so many alterations and the flavor profile is so close but not quite there. I seem to have this slight pungent aftertaste. Can anyone offer any advise as to what I am missing or doing wrong.
Here is my recipe for 3 lbs of Top Round sliced at 1/4 thick and between 5-6" long:
8 oz La Choy Soy Sauce - Regular
1/4 cup Lee Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
1 Bottle Miller Lite Beer
2 TBSP Tabasco Sauce
1 tsp course black pepper
1 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp chipotle chile powder
1. Mix all ingredients and brine for 10 hrs. (Refrigerator temp is steady around 39F)
2. I do not rinse off the meat, straight to the smoker.
3. I hang all meat using tooth picks.
4. Add 1 pan of hickory wood chips (smoke house products brand) in the beginning.
5. Avg time in the smoker is 8-10 hrs depending on weather.
6. I monitor internal smoker temps using a Taylor probe as well as an internal probe. I average around 145 degrees.
Smoker: Little Chief
I really appreciate your advise and help.