I thought I would share this one with so many folks making sausage. This is one we have made a few times and it has been well received.
The last time I made it, I made the cornbread adding about a cup of white corn into the batter which came out really nice
Andouille Sausage and Cornbread Stuffing
3 Tbsp butter
3 cups celery chopped
2 cups onion chopped
8 links Andouille Sausage chopped
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried sage
1 cup Green onion chopped
8 cups Corn bread crumbs dried in the oven
2-3 cups chicken stock or canned chicken broth
1. In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt the butter.
2. Add the celery and onion to the pan and cook until the vegetables are soft, about 8 minutes.
3. Stir in the sausage, thyme, sage and green onions and transfer the mixture to a large bowl.
4. Stir in the cornbread and about half of the stock. Mix well. Add additional stock until the stuffing is moist but not wet. The stuffing should be moist enough to stick together when mounded on a large spoon.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Generously grease a shallow casserole or baking dish with butter.
7. Loosely spoon the stuffing into the dish.
8. Cover the pan with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
9. Remove the foil to let the top brown and bake an additional 20-25 minutes.
Oven Temperature: 350°F
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Serving size: 1/10 of a recipe (9.4 ounces).
Percent daily values based on the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for a 2000 calorie diet.
Nutrition information calculated from recipe ingredients.
Amount Per Serving
Calories From Fat (50%) 105.32
% Daily Value
Total Fat 10.79g 17%
Saturated Fat 5.43g 27%
Cholesterol 76.36mg 25%
Sodium 425.19mg 18%
Potassium 173.95mg 5%
Total Carbohydrates 8.16g 3%
Fiber 1.48g 6%
Protein 16.05g 32%