or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Poultry › Kickin Beer Can Chicken Q View
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Kickin Beer Can Chicken Q View

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 

I love beer can chicken. I did a couple this sunday in the ECB and heres how it went. Brined in salt, sugar, pepper, minced garlic,chili flakes and cayenne for 6 hrs. Coated in EVOO and rubbed with emerils essence. Beer cans half drank cut tops open and added some rub, garlic and lemon pepper. Fired up the ECB to about 275 and smoked the yardbirds for around 2 1/2 hrs with hicory and apple chunks. Finished on the Weber Genesis to crisp the skin. I pulled the chicken for sammies and mixed in my homemade bbq sauce. I can't figure out how to post the link but if you are interested you can find it on SMF search steve's carolina style bbq sauce for PP. Served on CWBs with mac and cheese and baked beans.

beers.JPG

 

nice pair.JPG

 

smoke.JPG

 

bronzed.JPG

 

steves sauce.JPG

 

pullin.JPG

 

tuna waitin.JPG

 

success.JPG

 

me.JPG

 

The little ecb and the little Irishman strike again!

post #2 of 15

Man that looked like a happy smoker and good chicken. Great job.

post #3 of 15
Thread Starter 

Me or the actual smoker? LOL. It was a fun day for sure. Thanks man, and tri tip is still high up on my wish list thanks to you!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmudd14474 View Post

Man that looked like a happy smoker and good chicken. Great job.

post #4 of 15

Can't beat BCC and a Good Beer!

 

Todd

No Creosote! A-Maze-N Smokers

Reply
post #5 of 15

icon_cool.gif

Very nice looking yardbird there Steve.I saw your sauce recipe the other day didn't I.

post #6 of 15

The color on those birds look great and that bowl of pulled bird looks delicious!

 

Here's a link to the recipe....steve's carolina style bbq sauce for PP

 

(to create a link, highlight the text  you want to make a link, copy the URL from another browser window.  With the text still highlighted in your message, click the "link" icon in the message toolbar.  Paste the url in the url block in the "Link Info" tab, select ok.)

 

post #7 of 15

Good looking chicken !

post #8 of 15
Thread Starter 



Yes Sir! And I had both in abundance

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJohnson View Post

Can't beat BCC and a Good Beer!

 

Todd



 

 

Thanks Mark. The recipe is in the Pork section and Dean just posted a link to it since I'm a computer dummy.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mballi3011 View Post

icon_cool.gif

Very nice looking yardbird there Steve.I saw your sauce recipe the other day didn't I.



 

Thanks buddy! They did have a very nice bronze tan. Pullin them for sandwiches almost rivals my pulled pork. I've got the smoke mixture just right, I do 3 to 1 apple to hickory with chicken and it comes out tasting great.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanNC View Post

The color on those birds look great and that bowl of pulled bird looks delicious!

 

Here's a link to the recipe....steve's carolina style bbq sauce for PP

 

(to create a link, highlight the text  you want to make a link, copy the URL from another browser window.  With the text still highlighted in your message, click the "link" icon in the message toolbar.  Paste the url in the url block in the "Link Info" tab, select ok.)

 



 

Much obliged Scar, it tasted good too.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarbelly View Post

Good looking chicken !

post #9 of 15

Nice looking smoke there friend. I also like the beer glass!!

post #10 of 15
Thread Starter 

Its the Sam Adams glass, not sure if you could read the logo. They are really great for full flavored beers. I was drinking Bridgeport Hop Czar IPA damn tasty stuff and packs a punch too. 7.5% ABV

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtorterry View Post

Nice looking smoke there friend. I also like the beer glass!!

post #11 of 15

Great Looking Birds You Got... Your little helper in the doorway thinks so too...

post #12 of 15
Thread Starter 

Yep, she loves givin daddy the stare down while he's makin food. And she always gets her share! Thanks Beer-B-Q

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer-B-Q View Post

Great Looking Birds You Got... Your little helper in the doorway thinks so too...

post #13 of 15

Great qview!  Thanks for sharing your seasoning and smoke tips. Those birds look amazing, Cheers!

post #14 of 15
Thread Starter 

Thank you! I enjoy sharing with you guys, Amelia (my gf) sees me at the PC and says "are you talking to your barbecue friends?"

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarbeQueen View Post

Great qview!  Thanks for sharing your seasoning and smoke tips. Those birds look amazing, Cheers!

post #15 of 15
Thread Starter 

done.JPG

Found a better pic of the finished product

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Poultry
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Poultry › Kickin Beer Can Chicken Q View