Got a doe mule deer at camp this year. Decided to make myself a bunch of sausage. Yesterday I made 12 pounds of fresh cheddar brats, and today I am making smoked beer and garlic german sausage. I did 1 part venison to 2 parts pork butt. I used a Hi Mountain spice kit with natural casings for the most part. I ran out in the last of the fifteen pound batch and had to use a few links of callogen casing. I used beer instead of water, and added about 10 large cloves of fresh garlic to the mix. The fry test was very tasty, so off to the smoker they go. Going for an hour at low temp to dry then bumping it up with some peach and hickory for the smoke up to 152° Can't wait for the final results!