stainless steel mesh cable for a door gasket?

Discussion in 'Fridge/Freezer Builds' started by brohnson, Feb 12, 2010.

  1. brohnson

    brohnson Smoking Fanatic

    Does anyone know where I can get some stainless steel mesh cable for a door gasket like they use in a oven? I need it in a 15 foot piece and 1/2" diameter. All I can find is small lengths. Thanks
  2. pitrow

    pitrow Smoking Fanatic

  3. acemakr

    acemakr Smoking Fanatic

    but it was all I could find

    You may have to settle for 2 x 6' pieces unless you have a fire place/kitchen specialty store nearby that buys it in bulk and will re-sell it to you.

    Good luck.
  4. I know this is an older thread, but I did find a source for this gasket. It's a company that makes it for the majority of oven manufacturers. Just about $60 for a 25' roll of this.

    I wanted to go "high-end" on my fridge conversion so I wouldnt have to replace it down the road for a long time. (plus I have left-over in case my stove gets needy!)


Share This Page