Hey y'all. Hope everybody had a great Christmas! I sure did. I picked up a 4.9# chuckie, I decided I'd do it brisket style, to practice for the day I actually smoke a brisket. So I set up the snake, I found a better way to set it up, which allows for the kettle to hold a lot more fuel. The last couple of smokes I've done, (burgers, 2# chuckie, and a bacon wrapped meatloaf) I didn't use a water pan. And the q has been coming out great. With this chuckie, I decided to use a water pan. I also used a home made rub I found online (paprika, sugar, salt, pepper, and chili pepper), and made a mop. I started the smoker like normal, let it get up to temp, an let her cruise for a few once she got up to temp. I placed the chuckie on the smoker at 11am. I placed Bacon on top, because I read that a layer of bacon can act like a fat cap on a brisket. After two hours, I let applied the mop. It was at 140° at that point. And then after that I mopped if every two hours. I figured the chuckie should be done in about 5 hours, but it actually took almost 10 hours all together. At the 5 hour mark, the chuckie had gotten to 160, only to fall back down to 140. I assumed that was the stall, so I pulled it and wrapped it in foil. I placed it back on the smoker and, proceeded to check it every hour. The rub on the chuckie ended up burning some, which I wonder if that was because of the mop. The meat was so tender, I almost had trouble putting it on a plate. When I scliced it up, there was almost no smoke ring. The meat itself was super tender, but the rub was burnt, and I thought it took a little too long to get to 200°. I smoked using hickory and mesquite, buy I could barely taste any smoke. I was glad to see that I can get 10+ out of the snake. If y'all can see where I went wrong, please let me know. Thanks guys, and happy new year.