Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Pork' started by vernons70, Jan 18, 2013.
Hope you enjoy the pics.
Nice looking ribs man
Looks good..... Could use some ribs about now.....
Thnx. I have only started to learn how to smoke about 6 months ago and this was the first smoke using a smoker with a side firebox.
Nice q-view. What kind of smoker is that?
Perfection........Just remember every smoke is different...adapt...overcome
Hey lee 277 the smoker is an Old Country Pecos Smoker.
Looks like you've got a nice setup that should work well in AR. Happy smoking.
Well done, those look excellent! Hope you enjoyed them.
welcome to the group vernon. your my neighbor. i'm north of Alma. ribs look great. do you have any pics of your smoker,
Thnx everyone. Here is a pic of the smoker.
nice smoker. i see many fears of great smoke coming from it.
Hey thr vernon, Im in little rock and i have tht Same smoker and i love it. Welcome to the forum brother
Welcome Vernon, great first post, those ribs look very tasty!!
Thnx for the welcome.
They look great Vernon !!! Care to share your process ?
I don't mind at all. I buy my ribs from a local butcher shop. I have tried Sam's and a few local supermarkets but don't really care for there ribs.
1. Coat the ribs very lightly with olive oil or mustard.
2. Add some homemade rub.(I just like to sprinkle the rub on and not rub it in or pat it)
3. Wrap in clear plastic wrap and put in fridge overnight.
4. I like to keep the temp at about 225. My smoker can hold that temp really good.
5. I love to use a mixture of oak and hickory. I just play around with it.
6. I will smoke the ribs for about 2 1/2 hours maybe spritzing them with some apple juice every hour.
7. Wrap in foil and spritz with apple juice and back on the smoker for about an hour.
8. Unwrap the ribs and put back on smoker for about 45 or so until they have firmed back up.
9. Last 10 min or so squirt on homemade bbq sauce and then remove and let them sit about 15 min or so before cutting them up. I know there a lot of different ways but this seams to work for me really well.
Looks like a good plan to me. Ya can't argue with the results, the qview looked excellent! Nicely done...