cooking grate for a 17" bullet smoker.

Discussion in 'Charcoal Smokers' started by lathrop, Jun 4, 2014.

  1. I picked up a used charcoal smoker/ BBQ. It is missing the cooking grates. they should be about 161/2 inches in diameter.. where would I find such a thing.. ?
  2. fdannyw

    fdannyw Smoke Blower

    Try Lowe's or Walmart most places that sells grills and smokers will have them.
  3. welshrarebit

    welshrarebit Master of the Pit

    Home depot has the best selection of smoking accessories where I live. They carry a lot of weber and brinkman stuff. If you can't find the right size you could also get expanded metal and cut a custom size grill.

    I just bought some expanded metal today from there to make some charcoal baskets. It's kinda hard to find and the employees are completely useless; one employee had no idea what I was talking about and another sent me to the screen area where they had some zinc covered ones.

    So, I pull out my phone and went to their website typed in my zip code and what I was looking for and the website lead me to the correct aisle (23 in my local store).
  4. Thanks. I have used expanded metal in the past to repair a Gas BBQ. I didn't know that HD had the stuff as I had to buy it on line and as you said it is hard to find in non Galv. I am about 30 miles from the closest big box store so often buy on line. 

Share This Page