1. On ebay I found a temp gage with a 3" face, a 4" stem and a 50* to 550* range. 2. Removed the glass cover from the original gage then removed spring and post. Using a 7/8" hole saw I cut the hole. 3. Used two 7/8" flat washers for support. Needed to grind the ID and OD slightly so the new gage would fit and one washer would fit inside the old gage body. this shows progress to here with one washer inserted into the body these are the remaining parts 4. Assemble and put on the same as the original assembly. Finished This gage is accurate as it reads the same as my digitals. So at a grate temp of 230* this was indicating 250*. It is adjustable but I'm just going to do the math for now.