or Connect

Posts by isitdoneyet

Did a smoke today for the college football season kickoff.    Butt, Breasts, Ribs, and Nuts Go Buckeyes!! Wife took our youngest to the other game up north. (House divided). So had an empty smoker and little time on my hands. BloodyMary tasted pretty good. Pork butt on at 6:00 Bourbon marinated turkey on at 9:30 Smoker at 275 with A-MAZE-N oval filled with apple, cheery, and oak.   Turkey done at IT of 165. Will be wrapped and held for slicing later for...
Thanks everyone for the comments. Its not hard to do. The taste is just amazing.
Had a hankering for a steak today and always wanted to try the smoked rib eyes with a reverse sear. Found some on sale while shopping this morning. Seasoned with Jeffs Texas rub.   Thru in the smoker at 180-200 with cherry smoke and added some sweetcorn. Took steaks to an IT of 125 and then on the hot hot grill for a quick sear.   While steaks were in the smoker grilled up some taters, squash, zucchini, onions and peppers. below is the finished plate without...
Thanks for the points Disco. Your posts and recipes always inspire.
Thanks everyone. Especially Disco for the recipe. They will not last long after my kids get a hold of them.
Here are the final pics of the grilled dogs. Taste is great. I will be making these again. grilled pictures.   closeup.
Second time making some all beef dogs, this time i used Disco's Passing winds estates recipe. Mixed and stuffed into sheep casings Saturday and cured overnight. Smoked on Sunday and will bloom overnite in fridge before tasting and vac packing the rest. Initial tasting was just what I was looking for. dogs before smoking.    After smoking with apple and cherry pellets in AMAZEN tube smoker. (love using this expanding tube) Used the normal procedure of drying for an...
Now I just have to remember to take pictures of finished smoke instead of eating.
Thanks Richie
I have some but can't seem to get them to upload from my phone. I'll have to work in that.