or Connect

Posts by themule69

Hello friends. It has been a while since I have been on. It is winding down my busy time of year. I have kept the TBS going while I have been away. Yesterday morning I rubbed 2 butts (yes I'm still rubbing butts). After resting the day I got the MES40 up to 225 degrees and the AMNPS loaded with a mix of hickory and apple pellets. 7:00 pm the butts went in the MES. This morning at 7 I put the probes in and bumped the temp up to 230 degrees. At 11:30 the first one is 205...
If I were you I would buy a AMNPS which will produce TBS for about 11 hours.  Yes you can add chips at lunch and after work however you won't get much smoke.I see this is your first post. When you get a chance will you drop by roll call so everyone can give you a proper SMF welcome? Happy smoken. David
I have several as well as a Thermoworks instant read. I always go by IT not time. I use My Thermapen even in the house. Food is so much better when it is cooked to the right temp, Raw and burnt do nothing for flavor. A few degrees makes a big difference on some things. Happy smoken. David
Try cleaning the heat probe and see if that helps. Also remember an extension cord will cause problems. Happy smoken. David
The pics look great! Happy smoken. David
It all looks good! Thanks for sharing. Happy smoken. David
I have a divorced box for my AMNPS that works well. I also mix small pieces of wood in with my charcoal. Both work well for me.           Happy smoken. David
I would do every 2" as a lot of things are thin. You can always remove racks for thicker pieces. Remember to post pics. Happy smoken. David PS I like the 454
I would stack it outside or at least leave the lid off.Happy smoken.David
Your off to a good start! Keep the pics coming. Happy smoken. David