or Connect

Posts by themule69

Ray I would like you to know that we are all very happy to have you in SMF. None of us are trying anything other than to help you. I have sent a PM to JJ, Pops and Martin asking them to take a look at this thread. Between the 3 of them they have been curing and smoking longer than I have been alive. When the proper amount of cure is used you can make some aw some stuff. When to much is used you can cure your kidneys and liver. Most of us here would do anything we can to...
You can never go wrong with bacon. Unless you leave it out. Happy smoken. David
Looking good. Happy smoken. David
It sure does sound tasty! Happy smoken. David PS 
I am not sure if they have the bugs worked out of the 2nd generation.I see this is your first post. When you get a chance will you drop by roll call so everyone can give you a proper SMF welcome?Happy smoken.David
Hope this helps. Happy smoken. David
Can I ask where this came from?Happy smoken.David
Disco That is a very good twist on a fatty. The weave is great with a very nice color. Happy smoken. David
According to the label use 1/4 teaspoon per pound of meat. Their are 48 teaspoons in a cup. The label also says not to use more than 1/4 tsp per pound. So your chickens need to average 32 LBS per bird. Overnight is not long enough for a full cure. So I don't think they have absorbed the full amount of cure. But with injecting then brining you have no idea what the concentration is.   Then the next issue is the time and temp. You are in the danger zone for way to...
I am having safety concerns with this. Happy smoken. David