or Connect

Posts by bfelgar

Took some cheddar jalapeño kielbasa I smoked a couple ovenweeks ago and rolled a fatty. All rolled up. Sorry I forgot to take building picks. Pepper bacon, ground beef and sausage in the middle Ready for the smoke. 2 hours @ 235* Brushed with homemade BBQ sauce and finished in a 400* oven for 20 min to crisp bacon and hit IT. Finished product. Very tasty. Thanks for looking.
Took a link down to work tonight and threw it in the deep fryer. Looked pretty cool.
http://www.north-america.bradleysmoker.com/recipe/nepas-jalapeno-sticks/
So last week I got ahold of 10lbs of 80/20 beef and wanted to make some snack sticks. I came across Nepas recipe for jalapeño sticks and they turned out pretty good. I omitted the bell pepper and used pickled jalapeños instead of dehydrated. After that I got an idea. Used the same recipe except with pork and added sharp cheddar. 17lbs pork butt + 3lbs pork fat ready to use the new grinder! First grind, corse plate. Took about 7min and I just have to take a minute to...
I've had a MES 30 for years. There's a known hot spot in the rear right corner of it. I just got a big ceramic tile and set it on top of the smoker box as a heat baffle. Seems to help a little.
I've had a MES 30 for years. There's a known hot spot in the rear right corner of it. I just got a big ceramic tile and set it on top of the smoker box as a heat baffle. Seems to help a little.
I was wanting to do some cheddar keilbasa today but I can't find any high temp cheese locally and don't really want to wait for the mail. Will regular cheddar work? I'm planning on smoking for 2-3 hrs @ 145* then poach in 170* water bath till 160* IT.
Well after a long summer of not smoking anything I thought it was time to get back at it.   17lbs of pork but plus 3lbs of bacon ends and pieces all after the first grind   Ground one more time, seasoned and stuffed in 26mm collagen casings. (first time I've used them)     Hanging to dry in front of the fan before the go into the smoker.   I forgot to take photos of the smoke bet here's what I did.  2 hrs heavy smoke at 130* then into a 170* water bath in...
Anyone else having issues viewing pics in posts?  Seems like half the threads I open won't display the photos.