or Connect

Posts by bfelgar

Packaging day. Mt sausage
50lbs!
Took some cheddar jalapeño kielbasa I smoked a couple ovenweeks ago and rolled a fatty. All rolled up. Sorry I forgot to take building picks. Pepper bacon, ground beef and sausage in the middle Ready for the smoke. 2 hours @ 235* Brushed with homemade BBQ sauce and finished in a 400* oven for 20 min to crisp bacon and hit IT. Finished product. Very tasty. Thanks for looking.
Took a link down to work tonight and threw it in the deep fryer. Looked pretty cool.
http://www.north-america.bradleysmoker.com/recipe/nepas-jalapeno-sticks/
So last week I got ahold of 10lbs of 80/20 beef and wanted to make some snack sticks. I came across Nepas recipe for jalapeño sticks and they turned out pretty good. I omitted the bell pepper and used pickled jalapeños instead of dehydrated. After that I got an idea. Used the same recipe except with pork and added sharp cheddar. 17lbs pork butt + 3lbs pork fat ready to use the new grinder! First grind, corse plate. Took about 7min and I just have to take a minute to...
I've had a MES 30 for years. There's a known hot spot in the rear right corner of it. I just got a big ceramic tile and set it on top of the smoker box as a heat baffle. Seems to help a little.
I've had a MES 30 for years. There's a known hot spot in the rear right corner of it. I just got a big ceramic tile and set it on top of the smoker box as a heat baffle. Seems to help a little.
I was wanting to do some cheddar keilbasa today but I can't find any high temp cheese locally and don't really want to wait for the mail. Will regular cheddar work? I'm planning on smoking for 2-3 hrs @ 145* then poach in 170* water bath till 160* IT.