or Connect

Posts by bfelgar

I'm in the market for a new thermometer ( My Maverick finally pooped out). I've seen the igrill, which uses the blue tooth technology on smart phones to read the temp from the unit.  I was wondering if anyone knew of a company out there that has developed one that uses an android phone over the net (wifi and 3g data) to send the reading to the phone no matter where you are.  That way you can run to the store or neighbors (or the bar down the street :)) and still keep track...
Made some St Louis ribs today and I have to admit, I like them better than baby backs. All rubbed and ready for the smoker 3 hours with Hickory and Apple mixed. Then foiled them with butter Brown Sugar and honey for a couple hours then a double dose of homemade sauce and a sprinkle more of rub for a final hour. Pretty happy with the way they turned out.
So I have a friend that gave me some pheasant to smoke. I put it in a brine yesterday addend today I'm going to rub and smoke it. I was wondering if you had any suggestions on temp and time. I know pheasant is small and lean so it can dry out easily. Was thinking 200* or so till an IT of 155? The pheasants are all quartered.
I like to finish them in the fryer.  30 seconds in the deep fryer after the smoke and they crisp up nice, locking all the smokey flavor inside.    http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/111268/first-competition-chicken-wings#post_690205
Okay.... I just ordered some from Butcher and Packer.  Thanks for the help fellas.  I'll be sure to post pics when I try this out.
Thanks for the input... So I headed out to central market which has a pretty substantial bulk food section and found citric acid. How do you know if it's encapsulated though? it didn't say anything other than citric acid and when I asked the person working in that section if it was encapsulated she replied "we have citric acid in pill form" lol..
If you were to replace fermento with ECA, how much would you use so to not over due the bite?
No problem... very easy... I think next time I'll try adding a little shredded Swiss.
Nothing special on the Nuggets.  Just buzzed down in the processor, seasoned and rolled into balls.  flowered and pressed into nugget shapes.
Irish Egg Rolls   4lb corned beef 1 beer 1 bag Ore-Ida hash browns (cubes) 1/3 cup vegetable oil 2 bags coleslaw (shredded cabbage and carrots) 2 tbs butter Salt and Pepper to taste 40 egg roll wrappers 1 egg   Instructions   The day before, open corned beef in the sink and rinse well.  Place in pressure cooker and poor in one beer then add water just till meat is covered. Add pickling spice included to pressure...