Posts by Tracey

It was labeled Wild Caught Sockeye Fillets, I got it from a Meijer Store.... Worms were opaque less than an inch long and were coiling, and they went down the drain too... I only used a dry Salt & Sugars rub for about 5 hours. Rinsed and noticed something moving moving which caught my eye. Oh well, I still have a good looking pink salmon that I have getting ready, and there's always room for a Fatty too.... I am going to call the store to let them know though. I just...
Yeah, I had the feeling this would be the general outlook, my husband would probably be real upset with me if he knew, and I dont know if I could go through with eating it myself....Just wondering if anyone else ever saw them. (I think they are called Cod worms, or thats about all I could find online)
I just noticed 2 small living clear worms on my Red Salmon as I was letting it get tacky before smoking. I have found limited info on the web, as far as fish worms go, and they are supposed to be harmless as long as I cook to 140-150. Any one have experience with these things. (Good Gosh, I am sure glad I never noticed any of these thing in the past). Deciding if I should toss it or go for it....if it was infested with them I would surely toss, but since no others...
Thank you all for the warm welcome... It is official, we have our smoker on order, and expect to pick it up on Thursday! YAY! I have lots of reading & recipe planning to do now.
I am so new to smoking, I dont even have a smoker yet! Only visions of some smoked chicken breasts in my mind..... Seriously though, I am going to look into getting a smoker within the next few days! I am willing to learn something new in the way I cook. I thought I could be satisfied with the regular old gas grill, but smoking seems to have so much more to offer thanks to sites like this! I think I have my heart set on getting the Weber Smoky Mt. Just dropping in to...