Posts by kryinggame

I haven't posted in here in along time. Also,I haven't used my smoker in a couple of years. Today, I'm giving it a test run, along with my ET-733 thermometer. The oven of the grill is running 30* hotter than the display. My thermometer is 100% accurate. So, all i did was adjust the temperate in the panel until the oven was truly 235*. But, I've had this smoker since 2013 and the template has always been off.
I haven't posted here in a long time, just wasting time today.    I don't know if masterbuilt improved the technology but for the years that I've had the machines, I've always found them to be ineffective.  Sometime it worked, sometime it didn't.  I had so many problems with the unit, that masterbuilt sent me a free replacement.  For the past couple of years, both are sitting in my backyard.  The problems that I remember were: (i) They unit kept displaying error codes. ...
Hi gang,    I started this thread back in 2012 and it's amazing that it's still active.  It's encouraging to see so many people learning and contributing to the art of smoking.   Since starting this thread, I stopped following what J.T. & M.M. does.  Why? Because I wanted to develop my own style.  I read MM's book and followed a few recipes and for me, I found them to be less than appealing.  What some may like, others may not.     Its fine to use their work as an...
Has anyone used the recipes provided by Mr. Mixon in his book: Everyday Barbecue?   This is not a thread to bash Mr. Mixon, his book or to flame useless gossip.     I picked up his book at my local library and found it so interesting that I bought it from Amazon for my Ipad.   I experimented using his (i) The Only Marinade You need; The only Other Barbecue Rub You Need; and the Only Other Barbecue Sauce Need, with some chicken thighs (4 to be exact).   In all...
Maybe so but that dude is seriously paid and has opened the smoking game to those who may not have originally had an interest.
In my WSM, I've done hundreds of racks of ribs, both baby back and St. Louis cuts.  My goto temperature has always been in the the 250* - 275*.  I've never tried anything above this range.  On the Weber website, there are a lot of videos by Jamie Purviance, who is an expert chef at cooking/grilling/smoking. The other day, I noticed that on some of videos, he suggest smoking ribs at the range of 250* - 300* (the Basic Baby back rib on the Weber site); however, on the same...
 Im 1 step ahead of you good buddy.  I'm checking to see if I can download it from my local library.  I have no intention on buying his book. That would be an absolute bore but the man can cook.
Hey gang, it's been a long while since I've posted here but I felt compelled to share this.   Today its raining and cold.  I was at Costco's and came across a new product.  It's the Myron Mixon already smoked brisket.  I was curious and hungry and I figured for $9.99 what the heck.   Came home and heated it up:  GOOD GOD IT WAS GOOD.  The package did have a good amount of fat included but I didn't mind that.  The meat had a great flavor and the sauce was wonderful.  In...
The Mastertouch is an upgrade from the Gold edition.  Weber used to produce the mastertouch here in the U.S. but stopped in the 90's (I think) and only produced overseas.  It's now re-introduced into the U.S. market.   Earlier today, I had a good conversation with the folks at Weber regarding the new 2015 product line.  I'm going to stick with Weber parts instead of any aftermarket accessory.  PapaDon, you're looking at a Mojoe griddle.  Well, Weber sells a griddle for...