Posts by MeatSweats86

Good Looking set up.   Can you explain how everything is wired together. Is the fridge plugged in directly to your Inkbird? Is the fan plugged into your Inkbird or hardwires to your switch?   Also wondering what UV light and fixture/balast you used?     Has this issue been resolved : So far my RH has been ranging quite a biut. I set it to 55% with a 5% buffer and sometimes its 50 other times it's 70. Not sure if the device maybe takes a while to respond or if I...
Glad to hear it's working out. That would be a lot of time and money pissed away it didn't.   Where's the QVIEW????
Would leaving the thermostat on high and plugged into and controlled by the PID be same?
Looking good. How does it perform with the new exhaust?
I'm in the same boat as you with slims pickings!    I've been searching the local craigslist for used Brinkman electric smokers. I got 2 fairly new brinkman smokers and elements for $30 each and I will most likely just scrap the smoker part.   Other people have been using finned strip heaters. You would need to wire with high temp wire inside the smoke chamber and then then wire it to a plug. They also need a good amount of airflow running past them and need to be...
The owner said he was told it's 1/4" thick and weighs roughly 300lbs. I've got a stick welder capable of welding 1/4" and angle grinder with a lot of cut off wheels or circular saw to cut this. Am I going over my head trying to turn this into a horizontal smoker????
I found this old add on air tank for a compressor made by Henderson Eng Co. Plate says built in 1981, MWP 150 PSI at 350 F. Model HL1120  Serial 245. Measure 5 1/2' tall and roughly 20-22" diameter. Emailed the company and owner to find out the thickness.   I'm not really wanting something this long as it will be used as backyard smoker. Will I be able to cut this in half and use one piece at the CC and one as the FB?   Looks like one side has multiple ports and caps...
 I was quoted $475 to have 2 pieces of 1/4" pipe rolled and welded 42" and 14" long and that was the cheapest I have found. I live in the Twin Cities and literally called/emailed 20+ companies and only a handful have equipment to handle 1/4" thick and only 2 of them offered me quotes. What's the key to cutting doors on a tank or pipe without having them spring?
I got one more quote for $400 for 1/4" thick rolled to 20" diameter and cut to 42" and 14" length. This would also include end plates cut to size. I'm thinking this is probably the best deal I am going to find.   Someone posted an original Oklahoma Joe Ranger on craigslist near me 2 days ago for $225 in great shape. This was when they were made from 1/4" steel and not the cheap stuff.  Before I was able to ask my wife permission it was gone. I told her that was the last...
Found a 60 Gallon Husky Air Compressor tank for $100.  Any idea what gauge/thickness that tank would be?   http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-60-Gal-Stationary-Electric-Air-Compressor-C602H/205389936